FOLLOW US

The Big Leagues: Consumer info piece on auto recycling featured in national CAA publication

Ottawa, Ontario — CAA Customers across Canada are being served some general auto recycling knowledge this winter–the insurance body shared an informational article on car disposal processes in a recent publication.

The article, written by Matt Bubbers of CAA Magazine and titled “Where Do Old Cars Go?”, features information directly from Steve Fletcher and the Automotive Recyclers of Canada (ARC) and explains where the various parts of end-of-life vehicles end up

Bubbers explains that, on average, 85 percent of a vehicle’s weight can be recycled or reused, while the other 15 percent–typically glass, plastic and foam–ends up in the landfill. The article also touches on ARC’s ongoing plastic recycling study, which aligns with the Canadian government’s goal in producing zero plastic waste by 2030.

Click here to read CAA’s featured article. 

CAA’s magazine touts a readership of approximately 7.5 million per issue. 

 

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *