LONDON ON — February 12 2009 — The Automotive Recyclers of Canada (ARC) is
pleased to announce the addition of three new Board of Director Members in three
Joining the Board are: Mary Poirier from Valley Automotive in Pembroke
representing the Ontario Automotive Recyclers Association (OARA); Clint Wilson
from Ideal Auto Wrecking in Chilliwack representing the British Columbia Auto
Recyclers (B-CAR) and Al Ripplinger from Saskatchewan Government Insurance –
Salvage Operations representing SGI Salvage. Clint Wilson replaces outgoing ARC
Board member Don Charlton from Import Auto Recyclers in Abbotsford British
The full Board now consists of:
– Automotive Recyclers Association of Atlantic Canada (ARAAC) – Ed MacDonald
(Chair) from Maritime Auto Salvage in Truro Nova Scotia; Derek Covey from
Covey’s Auto Recyclers in Blandford Nova Scotia.
– Association des Recycleurs de Pièces d’Autos et de Camions (ARPAC) – Philippe
Fugere Lecavalier Auto Parts in Sainte-Sophie Quebec; Patrick Veilleuxe from
Sherbrooke pièces autos usagées inc. in Sherbrooke Quebec.
– Ontario Automotive Recyclers Association (OARA) – Wally Dingman (Treasurer)
from Caughill Auto Wreckers in Niagara-on-the-Lake Ontario; Mary Poirier from
Valley Automotive in Pembroke Ontario.
– Automotive Recyclers of Manitoba (ARM) – Dave Blayden (Secretary) from Kildonan
Auto Parts in Winnipeg Manitoba; Emile Hogue from Aimes Auto Parts in Winnipeg
– Saskatchewan Government Insurance Salvage Operations – Cheryl Hoimyr and Al
Ripplinger from SGI Salvage in Regina Saskatchewan.
– Alberta Automotive Recyclers and Dismantlers Association (AARDA) – Tim Donovan
from AARDA in Beaumont Alberta; Steven Cox from Allwest Auto Parts in Edmonton
– BC Auto Recyclers (B-CAR) a Division of the Automotive Retailers Association
(ARA) – Dale Finch from ARA in Burnaby British Columbia; Clint Wilson from Ideal
Auto Wrecking in Chilliwack British Columbia.
ARC is an umbrella association of auto recycling associations representing 420
Members across Canada. ARC has been very active in implementing the Government of
Canada’s new vehicle scrappage program – Retire Your Ride/Adieu Bazou; the Toyota
Tacoma Recovery Program and the national Mercury Switch Out switch recovery
program. In October ARC’s efforts were recognized by the international
Automotive Recyclers Association (ARA) as the winner of their prestigious Star
Award as Affiliate Chapter of the Year the first time a non-USA based
organization has won the award.
ARC is holding its next national meeting in Halifax Nova Scotia on June 26 2009
immediately preceding the Canadian Collision Industry Forum (CCIF) meeting. For
more information please visit autorecyclers.ca.