UPDATE: A new session has been added: Requirement for contingency planning for spills and emergencies, and Q&A in relation to the NS Standard for Commercial Vehicle Salvage Facilities, presented by Matthew Brufatto, Nova Scotia Department of Environment & Climate Change
Truro, Nova Scotia — Any last-minute stragglers, listen up! It’s your last chance to make it to the Automotive Recyclers Association of Atlantic Canada’s (ARAAC) 2022 Convention this weekend.
The event will continue, despite Hurricane Fiona’s recent wrath on Atlantic Canada. With a Board of Directors meeting on Friday, Sept. 30 and a full day of speakers on Saturday, Oct. 1 at the Inn on Prince, attendees can also count on a trade show featuring Car-Part.com, Copart, Monidex Distribution, Rebuilders Automotive Supply (RAS), Solera | Hollander and more.
Saturday’s presentations include:
- QC Counts: Boost Your Core and Catalytic Converter Profitability. Paul “Core Hunter” D’Adamo, RAS Cores
- Car-Part Interchange Plus, and Checkmate Updates, Luke Gamm, Car-Part.com
- P&L’s – Using Your Financials as a Strategic Asset, Paul D’Adamo, RAS Cores
- Powerlink Enhancements to Meet Business and Technology Needs, Micheal Angeli, Hollander
- ARC Update – Wally Dingman, Past ARC Chair; Dalbert Livingstone, Current ARC Chair; Steve Fletcher, ARC Managing Director
- What are the opportunities and considerations in recycling electric vehicles? David Giles, All EV Canada
- Panel Discussion – Industry issues, opportunities and challenges. TBD
- UOMA – Atlantic Overview, Sonia Smith and Brad Skinner, Atlantic Used Oil Management Association