London Ontario--September 2 2010--What three charitable organizations will receive $40000 from the Ontario Automotive Recyclers Association (OARA)? Have your say on Facebook (check out the "notes" section).
OARA has announced that they will issue an Excellence in Sustainable Transportation award at Toronto Metro Hall on September 22 2010 as a part of Retire Your Ride’s Car Free Day celebration. They have committed to making up to three charitable contributions totaling $40000.
Qualifying programs or organizations must be a registered Canadian charity and must be currently running a campaign or program in Ontario that has demonstrated real results and impact on sustainable transportation environment and/or health.
You can nominate a program/organization Retire Your Ride’s Facebook page until 5pm EST on September 8 2010. Be sure to include:
- List the name of the program and charity
- The impact that the program has had in Ontario to date
- Why you think they should receive the charitable donation and what they will accomplish with it
A couple of extra things to keep in mind:
- A representative from the organization or program must be available to accept the award in person at Toronto Metro Hall on September 22 or be able to provide a video acknowledgement of the award submitted by 5 PM September 21.
- The recipient(s) must acknowledge OARA and Retire Your Ride in their communications about the program funding.
A panel of advisers will consider a short-list of nominations and will announce the award recipient(s) on September 15 on Retire Your Ride’s Facebook page. The award(s) will be presented at a brief ceremony at 11:15 am on September 22 2010 at Toronto Metro Hall.